Berlin marathon will act as a curtain-raiser to six world marathon major (WMM) events kicking off this fall. The iconic Berlin marathon, is famous for producing world records.
Slated for Sunday, September 26, 2021, the organizers have unveiled formidable team, dominated by Ethiopins and Kenyans. kenenisa Bekele of Ethiopia will headline men's event, and he will be looking forward to improve his personal best of 2:01:41, if not world record.
Guye Adola, the 2014 world half Bronze medalist will be another contender. Adola is remembered for giving Eliud Kipchoge a run for his money in 2017 Berlin marathon. The 30-year-old will hope that his bloom in marathon is still with him.
Hiwot Gebrekidan (2:19:35) of Ethiopia and Purity Rionoripo (2:20:39) of Kenya are the fastest in the women's line, it will not be however, a walk in the park
MENS START LIST.
- Kenenisa Bekele (ETH) 2:01:41
- Guye Adola (ETH) 2:03:36
- Eliud Kiptanui (KEN) 2:05:21
- Philemon Kacheran (KEN) 2:06:05
- Festus Talam (KEN) 2:06:13
- Tadu Abate (KEN) 2:06:13
- Olika Adunga (ETH) 2:06:18
- Hidekazu Hijikata (JPN) 2:06:26
- Michael Njenga (KEN) 2:06:43
- Okbay Tsegay (ETH) 2:06:46
- Kazuki Muramoto (JPN) 2:07:36
- Benard Kimeli (KEN) (Debut)
- Hiwot Gebrekidan 9ETH) 2:19:35
- Purity Rionoripo (KEN) 2:20:39
- Amane Berso (ETH) 2:20:48
- Shure Demise (ETH) 2:20:59
- Ruth Chebitok (KEN) 2:23:29
- Betehem Moges (ETH0 2:23;38
- Rabea Schonborn (GER) 2:27:03
- Edith Chelimo (KEN) 2:29;03
- Beatie Deutsch (ISR0 2:31:39